Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Bayview Place Aged Care Residence, a modern and recently refurbished 86 bed residence in Runaway Bay, Gold Coast North, is recruiting for a permanent part-time Weekend Chef.
Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will assist in preparation of our quality, fresh-cook meals and provide excellent service to the residents.
On offer is 60.8 hours per fortnight made up of Thursday to Sunday 8am to 4pm. You will also be notified on short notice to provide leave coverage. Penalties apply according to the Aged Care Award 2020.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Experience working in a bulk catering role in an aged/health care environment
- Competent in food preparation, plating and serving
- Ability to step up to undertake the cooking function in the absence of your manager (desirable)
- Capable of prioritising work within established routines, methods and procedures
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Excellent and prompt food service/post-meal time cleaning skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Knowledge and adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
Our training division assists you to maintain the currency of your hospitality skills and knowledge.
Apply now, by submitting your cover letter and resume via SEEK to the Facility Manager.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces. TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.