Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Runaway Bay Retirement Community, located in Gold Coast’s North, is seeking a Village Services Officer, this position encompasses public area cleaning, catering, and responding to resident emergency situations.
Reporting to the Village Manager, this rewarding permanent part-time role is offering 6 shifts per fortnight – Mon, Tues and Wed nights, with a sleep-over allowance while on call.
You will be responsible for emergency response and the delivery of village services to afford residents quality lifestyle, safety and peace of mind. You will provide assistance with daily living tasks, enabling residents to be as independent as possible.
This role is ideal for empathetic former military or first responders, nursing or medical students seeking flexible and rewarding casual employment.
- Responding to emergency situations and providing basic First Aid (if required)
- Cleaning common areas
- Maintaining accurate written records in all areas
- Providing assistance to residents
- Assisting with meal services.
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Emergency response experience and knowledge of relevant procedures
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a service-based industry
- First Aid and CPR certificates (can obtain prior to commencement)
- Holder of an open “C Class” driver licence (to drive the golf buggy)
- Understanding of Work Health and Safety policies and procedures.
If you are the type of person who enjoys interacting with mature people, assisting residents and being empathetic to their needs, apply now by submitting your resume through SEEK to Malcolm Payne, Village Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 26 August 2022
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.