Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
Reporting to the General Manager – Human Resources, the Work Health and Safety Manager will oversee all aspects of health, safety, compliance and Work Health and Safety systems across all TriCare sites (25+). Working with the Senior Leadership Team, the successful candidate will drive improvement in safety culture through effective monitoring, review and oversight of Work Health and Safety systems in collaboration with managers and site-based Safety Officers.
Key requirements, skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of legislation, relevant standards and codes of practice
- Ability to develop tactical plans and strategies
- Dynamic and innovative with a flexible approach to working hours
- Systematic and logical problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, professional role model able to influence and collaborate with stakeholders to deliver positive outcomes
- An advocate for diversity and inclusion and actively involved in leading change
- An excellent communicator who can engage and motivate diverse and geographically dispersed teams
- Intermediate to high level computer skills
- Implement, monitor and refine Work Health and Safety systems
- Lead and enable a Safety Culture
- Conduct assurance audits for TriCare
- Review monthly WHS audits to ensure compliance and improvement
- Develop and implement systems to facilitate transparency of reporting
- Prepare board and Senior Leadership report as required
- Develop a preventative Mental Health focus from strategy to tactical programs
- Provide advice and assistance on legislative requirements to the management team
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, addressing your application to General Manager – Human Resources.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 29th July.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997
TriCare’s Aged Care Residences are smoke-free workplaces.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.